Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Monday, November 7, 2011

Time for a good nights sleep...

This evening the girls went to speak to my doctor. Apparently he will be coming to take the bandages off and the staples out tomorrow.

Also my lawyer phoned me and said that the officer of the court couldn't get to deliver the summons to the driver and his wife, but managed to get hold of her on the phone. She knows she has a big problem now. He will meet her and serve her the paperwork in the morning.

My lawyer will head to the Dominican embassy in the morning and give them both the wife and husband's names so that they have no way of getting on a plane and running away from this.

Then he will be back in the afternoon to speak to the hospital's lawyers and let them know where we are at, and to get them to reinstate all the services that they have taken away from me.

Next thing is to get an independent doctor to assess my leg and see if i need another operation.

I have spoken to the girls, and also to my mate in Bayahibe, and they are looking for an apartment for me for when i leave here.

So, finally things are coming together. All this has happened within the space of a week with my new lawyers. Just shows how useless the previous one's were. And they have a bill wanting payment of $4k! I think they might have another thing coming!

I have also mentioned to my lawyer that when this is all sorted, and i have left the hospital, i want to sit down with him and discuss whether it is a good idea to sue the hospital or not? If i require another operation there will be no discussions. They will see us in court!

This is the first evening since arriving at this hospital that i feel like we have made any headway, and am looking forward to a good sleep and another positive day tomorrow as well...zzz

No comments:

Post a Comment