Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Saturday, November 5, 2011

The nightmare gets worse!!

Friday i woke up and had breakfast and a wash as usual.

I tried to find out what was going on, but was told that it was difficult to speak to the insurance company because they were busy all day, but that he was working on it!

The rest of the day was uneventful.

At about 3pm the door opened and the hospital's lawyer appeared in the doorway clutching her portfolio of legal documents!

"This should be fun", I thought as she walked in!

I was right!

She had brought her interpreter with, the girl who had given me the food the saturday previously.

She translated what i already knew she was going to say. I needed to sign the papers, and she wasn't leaving the room until i had. She wanted them signed the same day and would not accept any excuses.

I tried to explain that my new attorney was doing a great job, but had only really had a few days of being able to do his job without hindrance, but she was having none of it! I had now been in the hospital very nearly 1 month since the accident, and she wanted reassurance that the bill, which was escalating every day, would be paid!

I refused to sign, and phoned my new lawyer. He spoke to her at length over the phone, and after about 10min, she hung the phone up.

I thought this was the end of it for now, but then she shoved the papers at me again and demanded i sign them!
I couldn't believe this woman! Intimidating doesn't come close!

Eventually she gave up and told me i had until monday or there would be very big problems for me! She also told me that from now on all i am to her is a person in a bed. She was cutting the tv reception, the air con, and not serving me food anymore!

I told her she couldn't treat me like this, but apparently this fell on deaf ears, cos 10min later the tv went off, then the aircon went off!

About an hour later my lawyer arrived.

I told him what had happened, and he said he would try and get the services switched on again and headed off to the admin office. He returned a few minutes later and told me that the girl that was there said her boss had sanctioned the changes and that she wasn't in a position to get them reinstated.

My lawyer had news though from the insurance company...

Unfortunately, once again, it would be bad news!

My colleague, who had been driving the motorbike, hadn't had insurance, nor a drivers licence, or even papers for the bike! As such, they had refused to deal with me as they had no case with me becasue the bike shouldn't have even been on the road!

So, apparently, this was now a dead end!

There was only one thing left to do, and that was go after the driver personally as a civil case!

He would need to contact the driver and present our situation to him and tell him if he didn't help us then we would start court proceedings against him!

He would try contact him the same day, but would also try on saturday because this was now a very urgent case of finding a solution!

With this he left.

Great! Another sleepless night of worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment