Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Saturday, November 5, 2011

No news is...?

On about the end of the first week in room 8, the nurse came in to change the drip bag. The canula in my left arm was leaking as, over the course of being washed, it had come loose.
She forcibly shoved it back in my vein which caused me quite some discomfort, and then put the syringe in the little auxiliary plug near my arm and proceeded to suck and blow like she was cleaning a drain out!

It was quite painful, and she just looked at me with this blank expression, changed the drip bag, and walked out!

Breakfasts had been cut to sometimes just 2 pieces of dry french loaf, and not even the usual warm milk anymore! I was starting to slowly starve to death in this place.

The only solace in an otherwise extremely boring day was when they brought me food. I was stuck on 1 channel for most of the day, and soon became aware of how many food adverts they show daily! Not good when you are getting seriously underfed!

It didn't make any difference if i begged in spanish for a little more. They nearly always ignored me, or told me that the kitchen was closed!

The room service was becoming terrible now, and most of the time i would receive no answer when i called, or the answer, "un momentito", after which i would most often than not, not see anyone!

By now the drip had been removed and i had decided that i needed to be more in control of my own movements around my small little room.

I dismantled the drip bag holder steel pole from its stand, and was using that as a tv remote. If i stretched as far as i could, i could just reach the tv controls!
Unfortunately after a few days of this, the channel up button dislodged and fell inside the tv!
Now i was left with about 4 channels out of 100 that were in english and i needed to navigate nearly all of them everytime i wanted to change channels! Great!

I was pretty sure that the lack of service was directly related to the hospitals stance on me still being there and no solution having been reached yet...

Also, my left arm where the nurse had played drain cleaner was bruised like hell, and i couldn't straighten it because of the pain! This was more painful than my broken leg, and was giving me sleepless nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment