Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Clinica Canela...

When i came to, i was lying in a bed in ICU, machines beeping.
I looked down and saw my left upper leg extremely swollen, and a cast on my lower leg.
I was under pretty heavy sedation and was in and out of consciousness for a while.

My friends came to visit me on, i think it was the 2nd night i was there. I dont recall much of the hospital before that.

I asked them questions and found out that my colleague had been killed in the crash.
I was extremely fortunate to still be here!

My colleagues wife came to see me on the 3rd evening and stood quietly by my bed crying. I felt guilty for being in the hospital bed and her husband was not here anymore. She had 4 kids to look after by herself now... 8(

On my 3rd day i was taken back into the operating room. The swelling around my hip and femur was because they had not yet operated on the fractures because they were waiting for the steel pins to arrive from Santo Domingo, the capital, 1.5h away!

The operation went well and i was returned to ICU.

On the 4th day i was taken out of ICU and moved into my own room just down the hall...

No comments:

Post a Comment