Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Saturday, November 19, 2011

The gift of wheels...

This morning i woke up around 8am, and lay here waiting for my helper to arrive.

I must've fallen asleep, and when i woke up it was 9.40am. No one had been to visit either!
I sent her a text and got no reply?

Around 11am, a friend came to visit, and we chatted and she sent the woman who was supposed to be here this morning, a text.
Apparently, she had forgotten that she needed to go to La Romana this morning?
In the DR, that usually means that she drunk too much the night before, and couldn't get out of bed!
She said she would be here tomorrow morning..

My friend went shopping for me, and i made myself some sandwiches for lunch.

Another mate came round and brought me a wheelchair! Its really cool, with the foot supports if your foot needs to stay straight out, so is perfect for me! I managed to get off the bed and into it by myself, and back on the bed again without help.
Its gonna take a bit of practice for the motor skills to get the hang of turning though, but i am stoked to be able to get around now if i want to!

Still no more word on accommodation, but am hoping something happens tomorrow?

Watched a bit of football on the tv. This evening is the final round of the Presidents Cup Golf from Melbourne. Looks set too be a good final day.

Nothing much else to report. Just that my arse is really hurting from sitting all day every day. This mattress is not the best, and i can feel all the springs poking through, no matter which way i sit!

Ah well...one of these days i will be upright again... 8))

No comments:

Post a Comment