Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Fresh air and Sunshine!

Woke up at 6.30am, and checked my emails to make sure that nothing had changed overnight and that i was still on for evacuation today!

I got a call from a mate in Bayahibe, and he said that he had found me something temporary, for a week, which would give us time to find something better.

At about 11am, a stretcher was wheeled into my room and the girls came in and hurriedly starting packing all my stuff up.

I was moved onto the stretcher bed, and taken outside to a waiting taxi. The ambulance had been too expensive.
The transfer from the bed to the back seat of the taxi was a little painful, but we managed it ok.
Then the trip over the bumpy roads to town, and then the transfer from the taxi to my bed in my room.



The girls were with me last night, and most of my friends came round to see me too, so it was a nice welcome home.

I'm hoping to have a permanent place sorted in the next 3 or 4 days, so fingers crossed.

Battled to fall asleep last night as i had quite a lot of pain form my hip.
Took a pain killer or 2, and that helped...

No comments:

Post a Comment