Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Morning...

Well, it's now 7am, and i am happy to say i survived the night!

I still have very slight numbness in my toes in my left foot, but not as bad as last night.
I slept well. Woke up at 4am, and went back to sleep until now.

I cant take any chances here though, now that i know that this hospital doesn't care less what happens to me.

I need to find a way out of here urgently.

Julien will be here at 9.30am with his partner, Richard. Between them they need to sort something, even if its just being carried out of here and getting in a car!

8am and they came in to give me a wash and let me brush my teeth. I asked for clean sheets but they refused me this!

It's now lunch time, and Julien was here earlier.

He went to speak to the admin department, as last night most of them had gone home already. When he returned, after about half an hour, he told me that they wont budge!

According to the hospital, my friends told them when i was first admitted that i had money and that i could pay for everything! I could not answer for myself as i was in the emergency room and then being operated on! An operation that they refused to even undertake before one of my bosses of the dive centre had paid them a $700 deposit!

Their argument holds no weight though, because after the initial operation, i spent 2 full days in ICU while they waited for the pins to arrive from the capital, 1.5h away. All this time i was perfectly conscious, and of sane mind, just some pain killers for my femur and hip that had yet to be treated. And in those 2 full days no-one came to see me and ask me if i had the money to pay for all the bills that would be coming my way. No-one told me i was in a private clinic and that it would cost a fortune to have the op here. No-one gave me the option of being taken to Santo Domingo in an ambulance because it was a public, and possibly free hospital for me there.

So, as far as i am concerned, that's the end of that argument!

However, as much as Julien tried to make them realise that if an infection set in, i could very well end up dying in their hospital, they tried just as hard to make him understand that they have done an amazing job of putting me back together (debatable), and that they need their money or a signed reassurance to say they will get it, before they let me leave here!

They honestly dont care if i die here, even though he pointed out the massive implications for them if i did!

Unbelievable!

So then Julien was off to speak to the hospital's lawyer, who was apparently at offices about half an hour away. I am still awaiting the news of that conversation.

Then the girls arrived here, and we chatted and they told me that they knew the supervisor of the syndicate that looks after all of the hospitals in this jurisdiction, and had spoken to him, and he will come and see me at 4pm today, and then speak to the hospital to get me released, possibly tomorrow, so that i can go to Santo Domingo to get the staples taken out, possibly operated on, etc.

So, fingers crossed i do get to see him today. Seeing is believing though.

The girls said that the stitches in my knee, which are normal sewing type stitches, should have been removed after 8 days. It's now over 3 weeks!

They also removed some of the dressing to see what the skin looks like where the staples are, and the skin has already grown over most of the ones we could see on the hip area! These were supposed to be out already! So that is going to be lots of fun having them taken out! Not looking forward to that!

My mate is coming through with his camera in a couple of hours time and we are gonna start taking pictures of everything. The injuries, the room, etc, for legal purposes at a later date, because i have decided i am definitely going to sue the arse off this clinic once i am out of here!

Thats where things stand at the moment. Stay tuned for more of this rollercoaster ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment