Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The waiting game...

Yesterday morning i got a call from the lawyers.
They have been very busy the last week so they couldn't get chance to speak to me...
According to them no-one wants to talk to us at the moment. As in, neither the insurance company or the drivers lawyers.
Apparently we need to make the case with the insurance company first because we need to know how much they will pay us before we can recover the difference from the driver's case.
So, it is still a waiting game...
I have contacted South African Airlines and asked them to please postpone my trip back home by a month. I hope that they will be able to do this for me...
Looks like i am stuck here for the foreseeable future.
I suppose there could be worse places to be stuck huh? Caribbean...doesn't sound bad.
Just wish the circumstances were different.
Anyway, we blessed with sunshine every day of the year here, so, from this week i will be heading to the beach in the afternoons with a friend, to get some sun-tanning done.
It'll be a nice bit of practice on the crutches too every day!

For those interested in my exercise regime, I am now doing 2x sets of 25 dips in the wheelchair, followed by a final set of as many as i can. Around 40-50. Repeated morning and evening.
Also still doing a set of 30 raises with the 5kg water weight on my right leg twice a day.
Also been doing 30-50 situps each evening before bed.
Flexing my ankle throughout the day as much as i can. It does get sore after a while, so i need to take a break before carrying on.
For my knee, i am sitting in the wheelchair, and trying to put my left foot flat on the floor. At the moment, I can only just manage this. With my right leg, I am putting it over my left leg and pulling it into a bent position as much as i can. Doing this twice a day, morning and evening. While my knee is bent at its maximum, I am massaging the muscle around the knee, and also the quad area.
Sundays is my day off from exercise to give my muscles a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment