Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The longest nightmare ever...

I wish i could write good words about my situation, but every time i find something else out, its another roller coaster ride into hell...!
I have heard nothing this week, and have received no reply back from my lawyers, even though i have tried to contact them thursday and friday!
So, this morning i decided to phone them again and see what is going on.
The story seems to have changed again now!
Apparently they have heard nothing from either the insurance company or the drivers lawyers yet.
I thought there was supposed to be a meeting with the insurance company, but this doesn't seem to be happening. Same as the last 2 weeks i was led to believe the same thing!
I asked why we haven't heard anything from the drivers lawyers to sit down with them, as we go to court with them in 2 weeks time!
Apparently we need to know how much the insurance company is going to pay out before we can go after the driver, as he will only need to pay the difference?!
I thought if you make a case against someone, you also put forward a total that you expect to receive, and then you take it from there??
Well this is apparently not the case here! God only knows why?
So, the short of it is, according to my lawyers, that i can only make a case against the driver if i first know the total that the insurance company will give me.
It sounds pretty damn crazy, and is the opposite of what i was told when i paid $400 to my lawyers to get the case set up in the first place!
It could be as much as another 6 months before anything is even discussed, let alone settled!
I was told "again", that the easiest way to leave here is to come up with 50% of the hospital's money and they will give me my passport back and let me leave!
Where the hell that is coming from i dont have a clue!
What is almost certain now, is that i will be stuck here for the foreseeable future!
Happy days...!
My lawyer told me that there are some very important things he needs to talk to me about! Why they haven't been discussed before i dont know, but apparently i will get a visit from them next week.
This whole damned mess just gets more messed up by the day!

The only positive thing to happen is that i managed to locate a pair of crutches, so i can start learning to walk around on them at least.
I have a fair bit of pain associated with the area that is where my fibula was broken. And this is just with my leg dangling when i try to walk on the crutches. I haven't even started trying to put weight on my leg as yet...


Oh, and Digna found a piece of wood for me for my laptop so that i can sit outside with my laptop a bit more easily now...


Till next time...
Who knows what the next post will contain...??  8(

No comments:

Post a Comment