Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

News...of the good kind...!

Finally, today, i got a call from my lawyers, to say that they had some good news for me!
They were in court for another case today, and they phoned the insurance company again to try set a date to sit down with them.
The insurance company were evasive as usual, so my lawyers did a bit of threatening to try get them to meet with us. They agreed that we could set up a meeting within the next week!
Then, the driver's lawyers contacted us as well, and said that they were willing to meet all of my medical expenses since leaving the hospital if the insurance payout wasn't enough to cover everything.
This is a start at least! Definitely good news.
The best news of all, is that my doubts over my lawyers can be put to rest.
With a lot of time on my hands, and not many answers to questions over the last 3 weeks, it has been difficult to stay positive about events, so it is reassuring to know that i do still have someone on my side out here!
But, i wont get too excited just yet. I have had good news in the past, and nothing has come from it, so i will wait and see what the next week holds in store.
I feel like i have said those few words a lot over the last 3 months..."wait and see..."
Hopefully we have reached a turning point in all this now?
Exercises are going well.
My ankle is 60-70% back to normal already, after only a few days out of the cast. All the constant moving it around when i had the cast on has definitely helped.
If anyone reading this wants a hint, do as many small little rotations inside the cast as you can. I was constantly doing this for the 3 months i had mine on. The movement was small, but has made a difference i think.
Still moisturizing my foot every day too. The skin is still new, and dries out within a day if not treated.
Soft too. Gonna have to toughen up a lot before i can walk comfortably again one day.
Well, thats all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment