Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Next turn on this roller coaster ride!

Unbelievable!
Just when you start to think there is some sort of semblance of normality in all this, i have another confusing morning!
The hospital has phoned me a few times in the last week asking for my address here.
I eventually gave them a near enough address, and they managed to track me down this morning...
The same woman who shouted at me in Spanish and waved documents under my nose in the hospital, and her male colleague just finished a half hour visit here.
Everything was conducted in Spanish, which i understood most of anyway.
They were here because they have apparently spoken to Katushka, the drivers wife, yesterday, and she told them that she had given me money to pay the hospital??!
Also, they were here to discuss me giving them a false passport. Apparently they had information that i had a duplicate UK passport???
What the hell?!!
After assuring them my only passport was the one which they had safely locked away in their offices, we moved onto the issue of payment!
She said she gave me the money. She might have meant she gave it to my lawyers to give to me to give to the clinic?
No matter who she gave it to, if she did indeed give it to anyone, i know nothing about this, and have no clue where the money is, or how much it is??
I phoned my lawyer, and after a long time, he phoned back and spoke to the clinics lawyers, arranging to meet them tonight at 5pm at the clinic.
Luckily this ties in with me having arranged a lift to the clinic today to get my plaster cast off, so i will also be there around that time. At least i can chat to my lawyer straight after and see what the hell is going on?!
I spoke with him now on the phone, and obviously asked him where the money was, and what she was talking about?
He said he doesn't know anything about this, and that if she had given money to my lawyers, maybe she gave it to my first lawyers, who still haven't gone away!
This would just create a bloody nightmare situation, because they still want their $4k that they say were the expenses for the 3 weeks i lay in hospital and they didn't lift a finger for me!
Problem is, if they have gotten a payment from her, pretending to still be my lawyers (which technically they still are), then they will probably insist on keeping their $4k out of however much she paid them!
Ah shit man, this is just an ongoing bloody nightmare!
I dont have Katushka's number to speak to her directly, but have left a message for my friend to please get her to contact me urgently so that i can at least know what has happened before i hear anything from anyone later on.
I suppose the only positive i can draw from this is that if she is telling the truth, then a payment has been made, and we can at least try to get the clinic off my back?!
But, as far as a client has a contract with his attorney, they should speak to me before accepting any amount of money from any of my cases, as i am ultimately the one who decides if the offer is good enough!
This is all well messed up again now!
Today should provide some very interesting information...
Stay tuned...!

No comments:

Post a Comment