Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sunny South Africa...home at last!

The time with my brother and his girlfriend seemed to fly by all to quick, and then i was on the way back to the airport again.
I checked in with SAA, and once again was greeted by super helpful staff at check-in, who provided me with a wheelchair and also someone to help me with my bags thru immigration and customs and onto the plane.
Unfortunately it was another lengthy delay waiting onboard the plane, as there was really bad weather on our intended flight plan, and the pilots had to wait for the revised flight plan to be sanctioned and loaded into the flight computer.
Unfortunately, i had a friend meeting me in Johannesburg at 7am, and i had no way of letting her know that i would once again be delayed!
The flight was only about a third full, and while i was being seated in economy, the lady in charge of the hostesses approached me and asked me if i would like to sit in business class!
I have never flown business class before, and gratefully accepted!
WOW!
The luxury was immediately plain to see! There was loads of space between seats, and the seats converted all the way into beds to sleep on.
There was even a button that set into motion a 20min massage, with balls rolling up and down your back while you lay or sat in the seat!
My foot was once again swollen, so the ability to be ale to put my feet up and sleep was very much appreciated!
The menu was to die for.
Starter was salmon and cream cheese, followed by fillet mignon with veggies. Then a dessert of cheese and biscuits, all washed down with a couple of glasses of merlot!
After this, i was definitely ready for bed, and collapsed into a deep sleep. My first ever sleep on a plane!
In the morning i woke up to a breakfast of orange juice and muesli, followed by spinach and egg, and a platter of fruits.
Then it was time to land, and once again i was helped with all my stuff into a wheelchair and bags collected and pushed thru to arrivals.
A few days in Joburg, where i was very well looked after, and then it was the short, 2h flight, to George, to see my parents for the first time in almost a year...

No comments:

Post a Comment