Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Airports -- Take 1

On wednesday i had hired a car and travelled up to Santo Domingo airport to speak with immigration themselves and find out what was required in order to leave the country on my SA passport.
The reason being that my entry stamp was in my UK passport, so i was a bit worried that they might stop me, or charge me a lot of money on my way thru immigration...
I had looked for hours on the internet on tuesday, and even phoned a few numbers to find out, but no matter who i phoned, or what info i found online, it always seemed to be contradictory, or incomplete.
So, i found myself in a hire car with a mate, on my way to the airport to find out from the horse's mouth, so to speak...
After a bit of lunch in the airport while we waited for the lady at immigration to return from hers, we asked some questions and got some answers.
It seemed like all i needed to do was to to pitch up at the airport with my SA passport, a photocopy of my UK passport, which i had in my possession, and pay the 1000 peso fine for staying over my initial 30 days, and i was free to leave.
It seemed simple, but after 5 months of hell, it was certainly not a simple thing in my mind!
Friday could not come soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment