Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Accommodation. No accommodation.

Haha.
Heading says it all. I'm getting so used to the frustration of dead ends here, that i can only laugh about things now!

My friend found an incredible deal for me, right in the centre of town. 2 bedroom, bathroom, kitchen. All services included. Only $200/month!
What a steal, especially now, approaching Xmas where there is nothing at all!

She went to see the place this morning, and popped in this evening to let me know how it went.

Turns out the owner changed her mind overnight and has decided to rent it to the person who was staying there previously! Merry Xmas!

So, another dead end.

Like i said, quite used to them by now. Cant wait to be out of this country. I am not meant to be here anymore. Get healthy and get out. Thats my philosophy now!

Oh, bit of other news.

When my lawyers came round the other day and i signed forms with them for the insurance company, they needed witnesses to the fact that the original lawyers had been useless. When they arrived here, they already had the twins names on the bottom as witnesses.

I didn't think much of it and agreed.

After chatting to my mates later that evening, i realised that this could be a potential blackmail opportunity being setup here!
Now someone who doesn't know the lay of the land here, might think i am way too paranoid about this, but this is the reality of this country!
Everyone is out to make money out of you in any way possible!
Especially since my lawyer filled me in about his chat with the girls earlier that day. The fact that they led him to believe that i owe them money for the help they gave me, even though i asked them in the hospital, and again out of the hospital, if they wanted money for their help, and they said "no" both times.
The fact that they were complaining that life is hard cos they have no money and cant pay their rent, feed their kids, etc!

And none of this has anything to do with me. Not my problems. But, with them as witnesses, possibly my problem at a later date!

So i phoned my lawyer today and told him to change the names to 2 other mates that i have known since arriving here, that have also been visiting me throughout my stay in the hospital. I sent their details earlier today, and have asked him to draw up another contract.
I have also asked him to bring the old contract here when he comes to get the new one signed, as i want to personally tear this one up, so that i know this will not come back to haunt me.

So, hopefully tomorrow i will get to do this? Before he tries to submit it with the insurance company!

So, always something to think about, worry about, etc.

Happy Xmas days..

No comments:

Post a Comment