Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Thursday, August 7, 2014

"Walking" the winding road of life...

I cant believe another 3 months has flown by so quickly!
It seems like just yesterday i was writing my last entry!
Well, the last 3 months has seen me move from every now and again relying on 1 crutch, to being totally crutch free!
I have visited the hospital for 1 final (hopefully) time, and they have basically said to me that i just need to exercise myself back to full fitness now. There is not much more that they can do for me.
They were very happy with my progress and have recommended that i get my shoes built up to help my back.
In the last 3 months i have had pretty bad DOMS in my left quad from overuse, but, unfortunately, this cannot be helped, as i need to lead a pretty energetic daily routine what with work and the rest.
I have not found any further problems related to my lower back, and have been in no pain at all, so this is only a good thing.
I have had my left shoes built up at the local shoe repair guy, which has added about 5cm in height to them.
This, i'm sure, has helped a lot.
I have not been able to get into the gym again as yet, but it is on the cards for the near future.
My daily life is not really affected at the moment, and long may this continue.
My knee has not given me a seconds pain either. The only pain that i have had is my quad, but i expect this to be intermittent as my muscle slowly gets stronger.
As of now, i can feel the muscle is stronger, but still no definition above the knee, as with my good leg. But this will come with time and exercise.
Overall, i am very happy with my progress, and take each and every day as a blessing, especially looking back over this whole ordeal.
I dont think that breaking a leg and damaging ligaments can ever be a good thing, but certainly it is even more difficult when you need to be active, like for work reasons, etc.
I have been to the driving range to hit some golf balls recently, as i am a keen golfer, and am optimistic i will be back on the golf course before the end of the year!
There's always something to be thankful for, and always something to smile about...sometimes you just have to look a little harder to find it...
Peace
Simon
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment