Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Monday, October 22, 2012

ITB Treatment...

For any of you reading this who might be wondering what exactly those stretches and strengthening exercises are for the ITB, i attach a copy of them below. I hope you can read it ok?


1 week into my new program, and i am happy to report that no new delayed muscle pain has arrived!
However my knee remains painful to lateral movements and weight bearing.
I have noticed muscles appearing in the Vastus Lateralis area, the lateral side of the lower quad muscle. This muscle seems larger from doing the Figure 4 exercise to strengthen the Hip Abductors and Lateral Rotators.
It is a hectic schedule of physio, as i have added in hamstring strengthening, quad stretches, Vastus Medialis strengthening, calf exercises, and ankle/achilles stretching as well as the exercises listed.
The entire session takes me about an hour to get through, and i have set myself a program of doing mornings, after lunch, and again before bed in the evenings.
A 6 day exercise week, and a sunday to rest.
I'll report back how things are going in a week or so.
Good luck to all of you in the same boat. Not much fun, but there is always light at the end of the tunnel...eventually...
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment