Donate

Help Simon with his medical costs - every cent helps...

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Stretching & strengthening...

It was my first trip to the physio in the township just up the road from us, today.
My mom dropped me off at 7.30am for my appointment, but with the usual administration system and then the wait to get seen, it was only around 11am that i finally got thru to see the physio.
She prodded and poked and we chatted about what the MRI results were, and what exercises i was doing.
And that was about it.
She booked me in for a return visit in 2 weeks time, and just said to keep doing my exercises at home.
To be honest, i cant see much good of even going to the physio, as it is basically up to me now how well i progress.
I have been researching all the muscle groups of the upper and lower leg, and also exercises that i can get thru with my limitations i have, and have built up a program of stretches and exercises to do each evening.
Stretches are done every night of the week, and strengthening every day except for thursday and sunday.
So, we'll see how well i progress on my program.
I am setting myself a goal of walking again by xmas. So, lets see how things progress.
As far as the insurance payout in the DR is concerned, it is not a happy picture.
I received a mail from my lawyer in the DR 2 weeks ago, demanding another $400 from me in order to make my case with the insurance company!
A case that has apparently been made for the last 5 months or more! I was told that i have a "good chance" of winning the case. I am not quite sure why it is only a "good chance", as i was totally innocent in this accident, and the driver was totally in the wrong. This should be cut-and-dried!
So, he has requested another $400 in order to take my case further otherwise he will drop the case entirely!
Something that i find very strange indeed, as the case is for 4 000 000 peso, roughly about $100 000!
Take from that the lawyers 30% share, which gives him $30 000, and it boggles the mind as to why he cannot invest another $400 of his own money into the case?!
So, this is where i stand at the moment. In no man's land. I do not have the money to send him, which i have told him in a return mail, but he only replied with a deadline to send the money over Western Union style or else!
It sounds like a damned Nigerian scam!
At this point, i am just concerned that the hospital receive their money for saving my life and fixing me up. If there was ever going be anything left over for me, it was going to be a big bonus.
2 weeks on, and no further contact from him. Another lawyer getting rich off of the pain and suffering of a foreigner to the DR. The vicious cycle continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment